KOCH delivers rugged and reliable plating equipment to provide our clients with an efficient solution for achieving even the most complex decorative and functional surface requirements.
Zinc Plating Equipment covers substrate metals (like steel, iron, etc.) with a layer or coating of zinc to protect the substrate from corrosion and provide a level of wear resistance.
Electroless Nickel Plating Equipment deposits a thin layer of nickel onto a surface to provide corrosion-resistance, lubricity, and ancillary performance greater than that of electrolytic plating.
Hard Chrome Plating Equipment deposits chromium onto a surface to reduce friction and enhance corrosion resistance. Hard chrome plating equipment is often used to create a protective finish for industrial applications that undergo frequent mechanical contact and situations of extreme wear.
Cadmium Plating Equipment deposits a layer of cadmium salts (15 to 25 jam) to provide protection from corrosion caused by exposure to intense atmospheric conditions or saltwater; examples might include ships or aircrafts.
Copper-Nickel-Chrome Plating Equipment carries out a three-part process used to ensures the longest-possible service-life for chromed parts.
Tin Plating Equipment deposits a thin layer of tin onto a part to create a lightweight, solderable, and corrosion resistant layer.
Nickel Plating Equipment deposits a thin layer of nickel onto a surface to provide corrosion and wear resistance and enhance adhesive properties.
Electropolishing Equipment dissolves a thin layer of metal ions into a plating solution that levels micro-peaks and valleys to create a polished surface. Electropolishing is commonly used for cleaning medical and dentistry tools, as well as critical-flight components that can otherwise create friction.
Black Oxide Equipment deposits iron oxide onto a part to reduce light reflection and add thickness that enhances corrosion and water resistance.
Phosphating Equipment converts steel surfaces to crystalline phosphate to enhance corrosion resistance, and adhesive properties. Phosphating is often used to create a base layer for painting or powder coating and also helps reduce friction caused by metal-to-metal contact of sliding components.
- Zinc Plating Equipment
- Copper Plating Equipment
- Silver Plating Equipment
- Nickel Plating Equipment
- Chrome Plating Equipment
- Brass Plating Equipment
- POP (plating on plastics)
Plating & Finishing Systems
Barrel Plating/Finishing Equipment
Common uses and applications include washers, screws, small electronic components, nuts, bolts, fittings, castings, and stampings.
- Cylindrical barrels
- Polygonal barrels
- Polypropylene, Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Alloy 20 material options
- Round, straight or curved slot perforations
- Programmable barrel rotation and oscillation
- Automatic cover handling
- Automatic barrel load/unload systems
Common uses and applications include medium to large parts that might not fit into a barrel and parts that could be damaged if tumbled together.
- Controllable rack tilt and travel direction to reduce drag out and carryover
- Programmable drip tray to manage drainage and preserve plating solution
- Ultrasonic cleaning to ensure complete removal of outside contaminants or other substances
- In-tank rack agitation to ensure an even fluid mix throughout the tank
- Air knives to remove contaminants, water, and other fluids during the cleaning, cooling, and curing processes
- In-line dryers
- Automatic rack storage and retrieval
- Anode service stands to easily add or change anode materials
- Reusable solution that can be poured back into the tank
Basket Finishing Equipment
Common uses and applications include small to medium sized parts, post-finish top coatings (i.e. chromates, paint, sealers, lubricants, anti-corrosion, etc.), and post finish drying (i.e. spin drying).
- Single or multiple hoists
- Process tanks
- Tank hardware (i.e. barrel rotation, electrified/non-electrified saddles, mechanical agitators)
- Barrels, racks, and baskets
- Waste treatment
- HMI-PC-PLC control for hoists, in-tank process controls, rectifiers, ventilation, air agitation, and waste treatment
- Material handling equipment
- Automatic tote box dumpers
- Vibratory feeders
- Load/unload chutes
- Powered shuttles