Energy Saving Performance
KOCH Finishing Systems’ thermal panels lower oven temperatures by an average of 15° more than generic panels to support energy savings.
Energy Efficient Thermal Break
- Unique side-channel “ISO Slot” design ensures lowest heat transfer and maximum energy efficiency
Superior Finish and Corrosion Resistance
- Exterior face is 20-gauge Type 1-40-CT aluminized steel
- Interior face is 20-gauge Type 1-40-CT aluminized steel
- 40-coating weight contains 60% greater coating mil thickness than panels with 25-coating weight
- Chemical surface treatment “CT” slows the formation of white rust and oxidation
Precision Designed and Fabricated
- Roll-formed side and end channels
- Exterior and interior rolled-formed shells are mechanically fastened to longitudinal tongue-in-groove channels and spot welded to box-end closures on minimum 6″ centers.
- Panels are filled with insulating material, to prevent voids and settling during assembly
Quick, Low-Cost Installation
- Panels are packaged and bundled to simplify offloading
- Panels are protected with cardboard during shipping to eliminate scratches
- Large projects are delivered on open-top trucks for easy offloading with an overhead crane or side forklift
- 2-year warranty
- Over 75 years of providing custom thermal solutions
Oven Panel Insulation
- Density certification in accordance with Sec. 11.2 of ASTM C612.
- Panels utilize mineral wool “felt” rather than “board” insulation with nominal densities.
- Noncombustible, as defined by NFPA Standard 220 when tested in accordance with ASTM E136.
- Oven panel melting point exceeds 2,000°F, and the product withstands ASTM E119 temperature for over 5 hours when mechanically supported
- Surface Burning Characteristics: Flame Spread: 0; Smoke Developed: 0, per ASTM E84
Typical Temperature Summary
6″ thick KOCH insulated oven panels featuring 20-gauge aluminized steel skins and 4 lb. density mineral wool insulation located in a 71˚F, 32% RH facility:
|Oven Temperature||Average Temperature at Panel Joint||Average Temperature at Center of Panel|
|400˚ F||93.67˚ F||84.67˚ F|
|500˚ F||115.11˚ F||102.83˚ F|
|550˚ F||128.67˚ F||115.17˚ F|