KOCH hoists are assembled to accommodate individual facility sizes and load types.
Three Hoist Styles
Sidearm Hoists are typically utilized for lighter/smaller loads. This style eliminates any structure on the front of the process line, as the hoist is a cantilever design, which is supported by a free-standing structure that usually ties into the process tank base.
Rail Rider Hoists are designed with low profiles to move heavy objects in facilities with low ceilings.
Gantry Hoists are supported over head and are used for heavy lifting applications and applications that require fast horizontal travel.
- Standard lifting capacity of up to 15,000 pounds.
- Travel speeds that reach up to 750 feet per minute.
- Tilting capabilities for gantry and rail-rider styles to improve draining.
- Anti-sway features to safely secure the load bar during horizontal travel to reduce sway and reduce the time required to lower a load into a process tank.
- Variable speed drive to provide both vertical and horizontal travel. This feature has a smooth acceleration and deceleration which reduces the potential for loads to sway.
- Built-in safety features such as bar (load) in hoist sensors, object detection, and monitoring of the hoist in relationship to the hoist rail.
- When not in the automated mode, users can operate the hoist movements via a wireless remote control. An example would be when performing maintenance or testing the equipment. The use of a wireless remote control eliminates the need for the operator to be in direct contact with the hoist so the operator can position themselves in a safe location. The wireless control also allows the operator to move more freely, enabling them to gain the best viewpoint of the hoist.
- Hoist enclosures to capture, contain, and exhaust steam and fumes more efficiently.
- Chain lifts for heavy loads, or chemical resistant straps to resist against chemical exposure.
- Hoists for barrel lines can include a “barrel rotation” feature while in the hoist, prior to moving the barrel to the next process stage. Thus, improving drainage and reducing chemical drag-out.
Built-in Tank Base