KOCH curtain coating systems provide precise control of liquid coating applications onto flat substrates of all types and are available in widths ranging from 12”-144”. Curtain coaters are used to apply solvent, waterborne, adhesive, and UV coatings at elevated temperatures. Curtain coaters can also be used to apply wax to corrugated box materials.
Cost Efficiency: Curtain Coaters yield minimal production costs and decrease footprint by recycling unused coating material in a reservoir tank.
High Production Rates: Curtain coating shortens lead time by allowing users to accelerate the speed of the falling curtain between 200 – 1,000 feet per minute.
Uniform Film Build: Curtain coaters can achieve a desired coat weight with an adjustable pump and conveyor.
Versatility: Typical applications for curtain coating include:
- Doors and windows
- Metal decorating
- Glass (screen printing) and plastics
- Stainless steel pressure head to provide greater corrosion resistance than other applicators and simplify clean-up
- Top-open design head for easy access cleaning
- Adjustable head height for fine tuning of the unit to create a more consistent curtain
- Adjustable knife opening to provide fine tuning of curtain flow
- Knife opening indicator allows operator to set the desired opening
- Sight glass in pressure head to allow user to monitor liquid levels, this assists the operator in keeping an eye on material levels
- Variable speed pump drive and speed indication to allow for fine tuning of application spread and coat weight
- Digital speed conveyor drive and speed indication to allow for fine tuning of application spread and coat weight